Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Do you have to plant two lilac bushes to have them bloom and to have that lovely fragance?

No and I live in NH where the state flower is the lilac so believe me. Many people have just one lilac bush in their yard. I only have one myself and it flowers. I actually dug a sucker root off of a another bush and planted it to get my tree.Do you have to plant two lilac bushes to have them bloom and to have that lovely fragance?
No, you don't need 2 but Lilacs can be temperamental. I have one and it is now flowering beautifully but it didn't do well initially. We have had to move it 3 times to get it to a position where it is happy. They also can take up to 10 years to get their first flowers (Sorry). If you have bought a grafted or advanced one it will flower sooner. Ours is grafted and took 2 years to flower. Smells beautiful too by the way. Good luck.Do you have to plant two lilac bushes to have them bloom and to have that lovely fragance?
Hello





Not in the least, but you need to make sure if your going to cut them back that you do it just after it finishes blooming or you risk damaging next years blooms.





Greenman
  • asp hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dry skin