Thursday, June 24, 2010

What do i do with the irises after they bloom? can i cut them back in the summer?

that is what i plan to do with mine, i am also digging them up and splitting them to replant. My M-I-L said it was ok and she's a real pro!What do i do with the irises after they bloom? can i cut them back in the summer?
Just pop off the old blooms, let them remain all summer and they will go away as the Fall approaches....the place where I live the Irises have been here for 50 years and they do well each year....sometimes the leaves get so thick in them that they don't bloom well...I have to rake and they come back stronger than ever...the gray tuber that sits on the surface must get sunlight...when they do, they give me glorious flowers. You can go to the website www.PAllenSmith.com and ask any further questions. He is a horticulture expert that has a program on my local PBS station and I have joined his newsletter...He also loves Roses and can give great advise on their needs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin