Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To which educator is Bloom's Taxonomy most useful?

Is Bloom's Taxonomy mostly for teachers that teach grade-school, or was it developed to be used in all aspects of education, even through post-secondary and graduate school? Also, as I student, how would it benefit me to review and apply Blooms taxonomy even though I am not the teacher, in my own learning processes? For instance, applying the outlined premises of higher level thinking questions in my own reading and writing, in the sciences as well?To which educator is Bloom's Taxonomy most useful?
I think it's an invaluable framework. The main thing that I use it for is to plan how to stretch children's learning further using the same subject matter. It's a way of helping to realise that we sometime ask awful questions and presents a constant challenge to us to ask better questions all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin