Thursday, June 24, 2010

How long will my mums bloom? i just bought a bunch for my garden hoping they will take me threw oct...?

Asking a plant to bloom continuously for more then two months is a bit much. Most will give four weeks some a bit more. But if you snip each spent flower they will have some level of repeat bloom later.


If they offer less than you wish go to a nursery and see if they have sale plants that might fill out the display. Most nurseries have a shelf or corner where plants past their prime are sold off. Mums are easy to get that way.How long will my mums bloom? i just bought a bunch for my garden hoping they will take me threw oct...?
Hi, They will last about 4 to 6 weeks. I have noticed that the nurseries throughout the North East are pushing MUMS this year which started as yearly as late July. This is fine if you intend to pot them and annuals. But if you want then to last into the traditional Fall Mum period--- it is unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin