Friday, December 11, 2009

It says many people who have dyslexia have become famous like orlando bloom & gwen stefani.But how if they?

can't read or write or spell lyrics and scripts?It says many people who have dyslexia have become famous like orlando bloom %26amp; gwen stefani.But how if they?
People with dyslexia are not illiterate, we just have to learn how our dyslexia affects us, then learn how to manage and adapt coping strategies, when we have to read, write or spell.





There is adaptive technology which can assist with reading writing and spelling.





I have dyslexia, and a qualified Youth %26amp; Disability support worker. I have learnt how my dyslexia affects my ability to learn, read etc, and found other ways of coping and managing to read and write. I use a computer for writing, and rely heavily on spell check, to ensure I have spelt my words correctly, and I have not mixed up words like where, were etc.





I take my time to read books and assignments, and again use a dictionary if I am unsure of a words meaning. My biggest problem is missing the smaller words, commas, full stops etc, which means I can misinterpret a sentence or question, especially when on white paper, (if on cream paper, I can read much better, and faster, I also don't miss things).





There is also a computer programs that will type and read documents for you, such as Dragon naturally speaking, which my daughter swears by, (she is dyslexic too).It says many people who have dyslexia have become famous like orlando bloom %26amp; gwen stefani.But how if they?
They can read %26amp; write, they just have a difficult time doing it in school the way schools want it done. Dyslexic people tend to be very creative and visual thinkers.


Check out the list of creative thinkers here!


http://www.dyslexiamentor.com/famousdysl鈥?/a>
Dyslexia is any disorder due to reading. Just because they have a disorder with reading, doesnt mean they cant read. Many of them develop ';tricks'; to assist them in reading. Dysgraphia (disorders of writing) isnt always found in dyslexics.
As said dyslexia does not mean you cannot learn to read and write, my own son is dyslexic and took and passed English at A level.





Some more famous dyslexics
dyslexia dosent mean they can't read, write or spell....it just means they have a hard time seeing words/letters the same way we do(exp. maybe reversed or upside down)...and people do overcome it most often to not.
Don't confuse dyslexia with being illiterate! Many people with dyslexia can learn and earn above average grades in school with the right teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin