Saturday, December 5, 2009

When do tulips bloom?

I live i nIndiana and i was just wondering what time the tulips will bloom. Any answers?When do tulips bloom?
This really depends on the class of tulip you have planted. They are grouped early mid and late season. Tulips that usually bloom in March are considered early flowering, April or early May are considered mid-season while tulips that usually bloom in May are considered late flowering.


Of the early types Single Early Tulips are among the earliest tulips to bloom. Single late tulips bloom in May after all other varieties of tulips. Single lates include some of the most popular varieties.When do tulips bloom?
I live in Kavsas and they were bloming a week ago...but it depends on what your weather is and where you live.
With that really warm spell followed by the week below freezing, you may be out of luck. If they were not frozen, you should at least see some buds by now.
I live in Tacoma, WA, and they are blooming now. I'm not sure how crazy your weather got, but that may be why you haven't seen them yet.
I am in Chicago, they are blooming now. They started when the weather got really warm a couple weeks ago. I also have early spring, mid spring and late spring bulbs I planted -so some were full bloom last week, some are yet to fully bloom.
I live in East Central Illinois, about 45 minutes from Terre Haute. They're already up here and bloomed about 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin