Saturday, December 5, 2009

Will bare root holly hocks bloom in one growing season?

I planted 6 hollyhocks purchased as bare root plants in march.I planted them around March 20 will they bloom this summer or next? I ask only becuase I read that hollyhocks are biennials that spend one entire growing season developing an extensive root system.Will bare root holly hocks bloom in one growing season?
I have grown hollyhock from seed and it has flowered the same year, so I would imagine that your plants will bloom sometime this year.Will bare root holly hocks bloom in one growing season?
Flowering





Plants that are started indoors and transplanted outside in May flower in the early summer, as do plants that self-seeded or were planted from seed the year before (1). Flowers for bouquets should be cut before all the buds are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin