Friday, December 11, 2009

Why won't my Honeysuckle bush bloom?

I live in Northern California were we have mild winters and hot summers. I have had a Honeysuckle bush which has flourished in size over the past 2 years, but has never blossomed the entire time I have had it. It is supposed to get orange blossoms. Is this a common problem with honeysuckles? any ideas why it is not blooming?Why won't my Honeysuckle bush bloom?
Uh-oh... -I think our Honeysuckle bushes are related! I have one that's 6 years old %26amp; it's never bloomed. I attribute this to it not getting enough direct sun... -Rather a surprise, considering I live in AZ, %26amp; the one thing we get too MUCH of- is sunshine. But, it's on the N. side of my apt.- under a larger tree, so I suspect that's what the problem is...-%26amp; may be yours, as well. Most flowering bushes like several hours of direct sun a day, %26amp; if they don't get it- they just get alot of leaves %26amp; no blossoms. :(Why won't my Honeysuckle bush bloom?
Hi, I live in Scotland which has a colder climate yet my honeysuckle has bloomed each year - except last year! Last year was the first year when I did not feed it with a proprietary brand of plant food. I just thought it was bound to burst into bloom. Feed the plant and cut back some of the latest growth and it should come into bloom. Good luck!!
  • asp hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dry skin